Head of Credit Risk
Location : Hybrid
Type : Permanent
Salary : to £75k
Salary will be commensurate to your experience
Location – The role will be based in Cardiff under local contract and any successful candidate must be able to work in the UK.
About Special Products
The Special Products Team is responsible for providing unique political and trade credit insurance solutions for individual contracts or situations. Our approach features a combination of cover for complex challenges including long tenors and large projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to head up the Special Products Analysts team based in Cardiff managing a team across three locations – Cardiff, London and Singapore. This is a pivotal role in setting and delivering the overall strategy of the wider Special Products Unit and requires an understanding of the commercial aspect of the transactions reviewed and drawing a balance between risk and reward
You will also be an integral part of both the Risk Services and Special Products Management Teams, a voting member on both Credit and Transaction Committees.
To succeed you will need to be able to evidence strong analytical skills, an ability to understand and then simplify complex transactions, strong customer focus as well as excellent communication and negotiation skills. You will also require a high level of professionalism and gravitas and possess those characteristics that fit soundly within our Competencies and Values.
You will be involved in supporting new credit insurance products and proposing the governance that will sit alongside any new product. This may also include presenting and discussing the merits of the product with the Risk Strategy Managing Board and when necessary key Reinsurance partners.
In addition, you will also be involved in the Risk and Portfolio Management of the Special Products exposure including Special Risk Management, Claims and Recoveries.
Essential Requirements for the Role:
- Management Experience and multi-location management experience would be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to understand and interpret complex transactions
- An awareness of the Geo-Political environment
- A keen interest in Global affairs
- An ability to lead, develop and positively impact the team
- Ability to develop relationships both internally and externally at Senior Manager and Director levels
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to meet deadlines and targets
- A willingness and ability to travel overseas
What do we offer?
- A great and challenging place to work: Truly international, dynamic, transparent, informal
- An environment for our people where they can realize professional growth
- Attractive terms of conditions: salary in line with market conditions, variable pay scheme, pension scheme etc.