Regional Finance Manager - International
Location : Work from home with occasional travel
Type : Permanent
Salary : £50k - £70k + bens
Our Client is part of a highly acquisitive and significant international Group in the technology sector.
Due to business growth and development, they have created a new role for a Regional Finance Manager. This individual will work closely with the Regional Head of Finance to support the regional businesses as the Group continues its significant growth trajectory and extends its portfolio of acquired and integrated businesses.
This is a stand-alone role and offers the opportunity for full-time home working with some flexibility around working practices.
There will be a requirement for occasional travel to build relationships with business unit finance managers to offer support on an ad-hoc basis.
We are looking for an experienced and technical accountant who can be quite versatile in their approach. We are looking for a candidate who can manage a range of higher capability finance and accounting activity, but equally being prepared to be hands-on and deal with some more basic aspects of the accounting process also.
Activities will include:
- Supervise, advise and assist where necessary in the month end close for International Business Units, ensuring all accounts are reconciled correctly and uploaded into the Group accounting platform
- Step in as and when required to assist Business Units, when, for example, a staff member leaves the business
- Co-ordinate the quarterly reporting and ensure all deadlines are met
- Similar to month end duties above, but additional responsibilities for quarterly disclosures required as a public company
- Acquisition accounting entries ( intangibles valuation, earn out, contingent consideration)
- M&A Support, for example
- Participating in the due diligence process
- Building cashflow statements to support the investment model
- Onboarding process for new acquisitions
- Performing initial accounting entries
- Acquisition accounting entries (opening balance sheet, intangibles valuation, earn out, contingent consideration)
- Mapping legacy accounting system outputs to the Corporate
- Educating new staff (if applicable) or recruiting new staff to support the acquisition
- Facilitating System changes For example, moving from a stand alone accounting system to the Corporate ERP
- Quarterly IRR analysis for investments
- Ad Hoc business analysis (pricing, profitability etc)
- Assistance and co-ordination of the statutory financial statements for UK entities
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong technical accounting skills including detailed knowledge of IFRS
- Comfortable in working in an unstructured environment
- Remote (home) based role
A competitive salary, private health insurance and 25 days’ leave per annum (increasing over time) are offered. The company offers an excellent benefits package, including access to a range of benefits provided by our parent company. Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, we also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance.