Internal Audit Manager
Location : Hybrid/Newport
Type : Permanent
Salary : £60k - £70k
We are looking for a well-rounded, versatile audit professional with strong communication and interpersonal skills to join our team. We are a team that strives for continuous improvement. The individual will be able to solve problems and work independently under general supervision. The responsibilities of this role include:
- Supervising the work of other audit professionals with varying years of experience.
- Mentor and guide direct reports on an appropriate career path and provide essential guidance for skills development.
- Provide technical auditing guidance to subordinates
- Tackle sophisticated problems independently with latitude for initiative and judgement.
- Actively manage several projects at one time and redirect work to achieve the organisation's goals.
- Research, interpret, and apply guidance from US Accounting Standards, COSO, SEC standards for public companies, and PCAOB auditing standards.
- Identify and effectively articulate likely sources of a potential misstatement.
- Conduct an end-to-end process walkthrough for complex accounting processes, such as: Revenue to AR, Financial Close Process, Treasury, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Inventory Costing & Management.
- Effectively document procedures performed and conclusions reached in accordance with PCAOB auditing standards. Able to provide guidance to others on documentation requirements.
- Design test of operating effectiveness and evaluate the tests carried out by others, providing coaching notes where needed.
- Understand and appropriately apply statistical and non-statistical sampling methodologies.
- Communicate concerns over the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls to various levels of management and effectively evaluate the results of management’s remediation effort.
- Communicate results via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Recommend improvements to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies.
- Review internal controls throughout the company by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommend improvements.
- Coordinate closely with external auditors.
- Travel domestically and internationally, as needed.