Group Reporting Manager - 3m interim
Location : Cardiff
Type : Temporary/Contract
Salary : £60k
- To lead on the production of all aspects of ‘traditional’ financial reporting to external stakeholders, including overseeing the production of the consolidated annual report and financial statements.
- To lead on the production of financial reporting to the Board, including all narratives and papers for the Board and management. This includes overseeing the production (and ad-hoc reconciling of accounts) of monthly and quarterly management accounts with actual results to date reported against the forecasted results with all variances known and understood.
- To support long-term financial planning, supporting the production of five-year and 30-year business plans by providing all necessary business insight/intelligence on both current and historical performance.
- To review finance systems and to lead systems thinking reviews to improve services to front line staff and to reduce waste in those systems.
- To promote and be an agent for change that benefits the business.
- To lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Management accounting – To oversee the preparation of the quarterly and monthly management accounts for the parent and the Group, with specific ownership for the reconciliation of inter-company, full balance sheet reconciliations and completion of the associated cash-flow statement.
- Financial reporting – To lead on the production of the highest quality and effective suite of financial reporting to SMT, Board and the organisation’s key strategic stakeholders such as Welsh Government and Lenders to the Association
- Annual report and financial statements – To take the lead responsibility in the production of the Association’s and the Group’s annual report and financial statements in accordance with financial standards and policies, as well as overseeing dealings with external auditors and the audit clearance.
- Overheads – to take responsibility for the preparation of overhead analysis, including staff costs, identifying key trends and presenting to relevant Directors on a monthly basis.
- Planning – Support colleagues by providing quality insight into the organisation’s financial performance for preparation of the annual five-year and 30-year plans.
- Fixed Assets – Oversee the administration and reconciliation of the asset portfolio.
- Accounting system – To be the systems champion for the current accounting system and be a key participant and change agent in the planned implementation of a new system.
- Quality Control - To ensure the continuous development of financial systems to keep pace with business growth and change, including the timely adoption of financial reporting standards.
- Financial reporting – To keep up-to-date with the development of pertinent Financial Reporting Standards and prepare the Association and the Group for implementation.
- Leadership and management – To be a member of the Senior Management Group (SMG) and effectively manage, motivate and develop your staff in accordance with the Association’s performance development process. Understand and apply the organisation’s Leadership model in order to demonstrate effective skills and behaviours to lead with confidence.