Location : Cardiff and office based
Type : Permanent
Salary : c. £95k - £100k + bens
Our Client is a privately owned business and household name operating in the FMCG business sector. An opportunity has arisen to join the head office team as Finance Director.
This role will be responsible for day-to-day business management of the business, driving commercial results, assessing income streams and costs and delivering on P&L, cashflow and KPI objectives. Along with Senior Management, the Finance Director will contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Provide leadership to the company’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Overall responsibility for systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances, including the financial control framework.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Ensure robust cash management
- Ultimate accountability for external auditing and banking relationships.
- Provide guidance and support, from a financial point of view, during contract and pricing
- Ensure that accounting policies comply with relevant accounting standards and that company policies are followed
- Supporting the department to develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the Company.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
- Oversee, lead and develop finance teams.
- Preferred experience of working within an FMCG business or fast paced trading or product based business
- Qualified Accountant holding ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualifications
- You will have excellent stakeholder engagement skills.
- Be hands-on in proposing action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are achieved.