Location : Hybrid/Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : £50k
Provide timely, accurate, insightful management reporting and forecasting to the Head of Finance, the European (EU) Country Manager, to the Group Finance function and to key customers (including but not limited to Sales, Account Management and Operations functions).
In order to do this the Financial Controller will need to be able to work ‘hands on’ in the D365 system/Power BI and within a small but dedicated virtual team across multiple geographies and time zones.
The role also has responsibility for development of the reporting capability across two UK companies.
- Preparation of accurate, timely and consistent month end management accounts including assistance with analysis of cash sources and uses (for both UK entities)
- Management of task timetable, completion of month end to deadlines and variance analysis
- Month end journals (e.g. for accruals, provisions and prepayments). Providing astute analysis of business performance to the EU and Software management team and Group finance
- Preparing year end accounts and managing the audit process
- Assisting with the preparation of the Budget/reforecast and facilitating input from other departments and using it for analysis of variances
- Reconciling ICO position with other group companies and following escalation policy to fix problem areas
- Preparing full Balance Sheet reconciliations and having back up for reconciling items; particularly around Loans, cash, AR, AP, WIP and gross margin analysis
- Oversight of payroll processing, P11D completion and PSA
- Assistance with corporation tax returns; working with tax advisor where necessary to ensure compliance
- Work with Group controller on consolidation or reporting issues
- Assisting with processes to ensure local legal filings are completed on time
- Assistance with Cash flow forecasts for management, any financing arrangements and review of performance vs. covenants
- Calculation and reporting (to Sales and Account Management employees) of Sales Commissions (quarterly and annually)
- Assistance with margin and cash flow analysis for new customer bids
- Completion and submission of VAT returns for both UK entities
- Managing company’s insurance schemes
- Completion of ONS/other government body surveys as required
- Supporting Project Management Accountants as necessary during times of heavy workload in the billing cycle.
- Ad hoc projects as necessary to Improve processes
- In depth knowledge of Finance & Operations for D365.
- Hands on in system; D365 and reporting system literate. Uses D365 functionality and processes and not outside of system.
- Self-standing; able to work without daily supervision.
- Able to challenge management and articulate financial performance clearly to management team
- Proactive approach to resolving issues - does not wait to be told.
- Able to prioritise and manage workload
- Process minded and organised (key process mapping required)
- Comfortable working within a virtual finance team.
- Able to work with change - standardising group processes/reporting/systems improvements requiring active contribution on local/group level
- Dependable; will be needed to be working during month end close and for year-end audits
Required/desirable Skills and experience
- Prior experience and high level of competency in month end processes using D365 (essential)
- Intermediate to Advanced excel user (essential)
- Experience of working with multi-currency invoicing and cost accounting (desirable)
- Comfortable operating within a complex Intercompany environment (desirable)
- Prior experience of creating Power pivot/Power BI reporting outputs (desirable)
- Able to act as a mentor to the junior team members in the UK finance team and assist Group colleagues (essential)
- Ability to self-manage workloads and deliver within the time constraints (essential)