Senior Finance Analyst
Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : £45k
We are excited to be recruiting a Senior Finance Analyst to ensure the delivery of a robust and proactive financial and management accounting service, including shared service functions, providing sound and effective operational finance management to support in meeting business and strategic objectives.
We are seeking a nearly or qualified accountant for this role.
What you'll be doing
- Management Information: Produce analyses/trend reports and Management Information Packs for senior management meetings to aid decision-making and strategic planning in order to achieve business objectives.
- Direct Expense Management: Manage the production, analysis and provision of supporting business commentary on current and projected direct expenses and FTE positions, highlighting trends and risks against Forecast and Budget. Proactively take the initiative to challenge the business on expense matters and ensure that appropriate controls are in place to eliminate excessive, wasteful or inappropriate spending.
- Allocated Expense Management: Manage the production of cost apportionments to ensure an appropriate and equitable divisional cost allocation. This should be done in conjunction with the division and ensure they are reviewed and updated on a timely basis.
- Business Partnering & Relationship Management: To work independently and take the initiative to develop relationships and work with managers and directors to help them understand financial perspectives, enabling the business to adopt a proactive and innovative role in financial and commercial matters.
- Financial Control: Maintain and monitor robust accounting standards, policies and financial controls across the team to ensure compliance with the Group Standards, statutory requirements and the control framework. Ensure all processes and financial transactions are compliant with internal and external audit requirements.
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning: Take ownership of the quarterly expense forecast, play a leading role in the annual expense plan and provide input to the medium- and long-term financial strategy.
- Projects: Support the senior management team by undertaking ad-hoc analysis and projects, as required, to further develop the success of the division’s and own personal profile within the division.
- Treating Customers Fairly: Ensure that the appropriate Financial MI, process and systems are in place to provide support to Group Functions, from a Finance perspective, that customers are treated fairly.
What we're looking for
Nearly or qualified accountant.
Strong understanding of accounting processes and principles
Understanding of and ability to interpret and apply Policy and Procedures, as well as risk management philosophy and ability to support business in delivery and monitoring of the risk control environment.
Understanding of approach to cost allocation and profit measurement (Value Added Management), annual/quarterly planning and forecasting cycle, financial approval procedures/processes and monthly expenditure reporting and analysis processes, and alternative cross-charging methodologies and behavioural implications.
Dynamic, passionate and energetic personality with ability to effectively manage workload drive change and improvement across the division
Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
Ability to influence others and operate in a complex matrix structure.
Ability to create and deliver clear and concise written or verbal reports
Using logical argument and data, challenge peers and Directors.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of business and to develop and maintain strong relationships with finance and non-finance individuals
Advanced knowledge in the use of spreadsheets, databases and analysis tools.
Ability to design, develop and maintain financial models