Financial Controls Analyst
Location : Hybrid/Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : £40k
The role holder will; assess, challenge and strengthen the financial controls framework, both from a business and IT controls perspective. The role holder will support Senior Management and/or the Board as they look to ensure that there is a robust and comprehensive controls framework in place that is operating effectively across the Group.
- You will work on mapping the core processes and identifying and documenting existing controls and controls testing.
- You will identify any opportunities to improve the controls, testing of controls or evidencing of controls testing with the different business areas.
- You will work with the business areas to understand the impacts to the controls framework from any planned changes, either regulatory or business initiated.
- You will build relationships with key Senior Managers to understand any current or upcoming challenges related to the controls framework, and its implementation, and how you can support them in meeting these challenges.
- Where required you will provide consultancy and support to Senior Management in managing the control framework within their area. Such consultancy and support could be provided via bespoke reviews, workshops, etc.
- You will report to the Controls Manager working as part of the Group Controls Project.
- Responsible for identifying and assessing the existing controls framework, including the testing and evidencing of controls effectiveness.
- Responsible for identifying areas for improvement in the existing control framework (either in term of the controls or the evidencing of controls adherence), reporting upon this and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring that controls are tested, and evidence provided, in accordance with the controls framework.
- Responsible for ensuring that any control improvement activities are delivered in accordance with an agreed action plan.
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships with specific focus on the control framework.
- Act in accordance with all relevant policies and processes.
- Research and share best practice around controls frameworks including, but not limited to, process definition, control identification, controls testing, collation of controls testing/ evidencing, controls reporting.
- Strong experience of controls auditing, ideally Sarbannes-Oxley, COSO or similar controls assurance (either business or technology controls);
- Experience of performing Financial Services Group Audits.
- Ability to collate and synthesis data in terms of materiality and risk.
- Able to build open relationships and gain consensus with stakeholders.
- Ability to understand processes, identify relevant risks and consequent controls.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively as well as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task, and work under pressure to timescales.
- Objective, timely and confident decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail, with ability to think creatively, analytically and quantitively.
- Commercially minded.
- Educated to degree level, with a good working knowledge of risk management.