Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : to £60k
Rare opportunity to join this great team as an Investment Executive where your work will have an impact on the growth of small businesses in the region. We are looking for someone with experience as a Relationship Manager at a bank or investment house. Exciting progression prospects for the right person.
We are currently looking to recruit an Investment Executive , to be responsible for appraising, negotiating and implementing funding to businesses in our operating area,to undertake marketing and business development activities and to assist the Area Manager in implementing policy.
Within the role, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- appraising and analysing investment opportunities by interview with client company directors and advisors; by appropriate due diligence investigations; and preparing sanction papers for presentation to the Area Manager or full Investment Committee.
- promoting and marketing within the region to ensure a good flow of investment enquires and promoting the organisation.
- assisting with the achievement of the Region’s economic regeneration aspirations and in doing so liaising with government bodies, development agencies, local authorities etc.
- ensuring that client companies are monitored so that any problems or opportunities are brought to the attention of the Area Manager.
- assisting client companies to achieve their objectives and work towards a successful exit.
- assisting with the maintenance of appropriate investment records and preparing reports accordingly.
- operating within the core values – Excellence, Understanding, Continuous Improvement, Responsibility, Integrity and Unity
- deputising for the Area Manager as and when appropriate.
- undertaking any ad hoc exercises and duties at the request of the Area Manager
What we’re looking for
You will have a flexible, team-focused approach and will be able to build strong relationships across a wide range of stakeholders. You will have excellent communication skills; often communicating with internal and external interested parties on a range of business matters.
To be considered for this position, you will have a good understanding of business, including strategic, commercial and financial matters. Ideally you will have a professional business finance qualification, several years working with a variety of businesses post qualification and some business development experience.Those without a business finance qualification (eg accountancy, banking) will be considered if strong in other areas.
You will have an inquisitive mind who can demonstrate an ability to identify and assess investment opportunities , interrogating business plans and supporting companies as they grow.
You will have a good knowledge of the regional economy and a strong marketing and networking ability.
You will be someone who wants to make a difference in our local communities and be passionate about supporting small business.