Deputy Fund Manager
Location : Based out of Cardiff
Salary : £55k - £70k depending on experience
The Deputy Fund Manager is primarily responsible for providing management support to the Property team. This will include providing leadership and guidance for Property Development Executives (“PDEs”) / Assistant Property Development Executives (“APDEs”), sanctioning deals within a delegated authority and completing / drawing down property development investments on behalf of the Property team.
The Deputy Fund Manager is also responsible for the appraisal process of applications for property development investments, preparing reports where appropriate, structuring and negotiating investments and undertaking due diligence (internally or externally) with a view to recommending property development investments to the Property Fund Manager, Director, investment committee and/or board.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Take primary responsibility for the management of property investments through a team of PDEs / APDEs across the Development Bank.
- Contribute to the operation of the various property development funds the Property team has under management (the “Funds”) as a senior professional provider of risk capital to start-up and existing businesses, in accordance with the investment operating guidelines and the terms of approval of the Welsh Assembly Government and European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- Assist with the development and implementation of procedures and processes as specified in the Funds’ investment operating guidelines.
- Appraise and approve property development investment recommendations up to a delegated authority level.
- Assess applications for funding, conducting appropriate due diligence and preparing necessary reports to the Property Fund Manager, Director and investment committee.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of PDEs / APDEs and support staff, providing investment training/guidance where required.
- Be responsible for completion and drawdown of transactions within the Property team, including file sign off.
- Engage with other DBW teams where required.
- Build, develop and maintain a network of contacts able to provide leads and deal flow for the Funds.
- Assist with disseminating examples of best practice for applying to the Funds to key business introducers and ensuring that the application process is continually refined and improved to provide the best possible client service.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of administration and management information systems for the Funds.
- Assist the Property Fund Manager, Director and the Development Bank’s senior management team to promote best practice for environmental and equal opportunity issues within the fund.
- Assist the Property Fund Manager and Director to input specialist advice and guidance to the Development Bank with the development of new financial products to address the gaps in provision and meet the needs of businesses in Wales.
- Undertake presentations, participate and represent the Funds, where appropriate, at meetings, seminars, events and joint group activities.
- Assist in marketing/promoting the Funds in conjunction with the wider awareness raising of the Development Bank.
- To deputise for the Property Fund Manager when required, including exercise of discretionary powers.
- Any other task as may be defined by the Property Fund Manager to meet the operational needs of the Funds.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Substantial experience of property development investing and an ability to work through complex transactions & technical challenges with minimal assistance or supervision.
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills at board and team level.
- Experience of managing, coaching and training multiple line reports.
- Credible, able to negotiate with confidence and represent the Development Bank in the local business community.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take a proactive approach
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Confident in own decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure.
- Demonstrable attention to detail.
- Experience of reviewing, presenting and sponsoring team members’ sanction papers prior to formal submission.
- Understanding of risk assessment and investment processes & procedures.
- Experience of analysing financial information, valuation reports and feasibility studies.
- IT literate to include the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience of improving and maintaining key systems, procedures and templates.
- Experience of critically appraising deals and balancing underwriting considerations with fund investment imperatives.
- Experience of managing key external stakeholders.
- Understanding of the DBW Group and its activities.
- Established network across the Welsh property sector.
- Welsh speaker.
- Driving Licence.
Position of : Deputy Fund Manager, Based out of Cardiff
To send us your CV, please enter your details below