Location : Cardiff area with flexible working
Type : Permanent
Salary : Competitive remuneration
Our client is a small but rapidly expanding, ambitious, entrepreneurial, and highly innovative business. They operate in a highly technical and niche market. Through their unique proposition, they afford their clients with bespoke, sustainable solutions, giving them competitive advantage to expedite the development of new product.
As they advance to the next stage in their business life-cycle, they are looking for talented and hands-on Finance Director. This will be a hybrid Finance Director, who can bring capability, skill, and experience to support a successful fundraise to help accelerate growth.
Equally a candidate who can make an impact at Senior Leadership Team level, by rolling sleeves up with a brief to improve and develop the company’s finance function, ensuring it is fit for purpose of a fast growth scale-up.
This is Board level appointment and key strategic priorities will be as follows:
- Run process for capital raises
- Support process for PE
- Embed ERP and grp accounting practices
- Strategic Scenario planning and M&A
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience in fundraising and strategic, planning and analysis, working closely with the CEO and other members of the Board.
Key operational priorities will be as follows:
- Work closely with team to improve the budgeting planning and forecasting function
- Develop the Capex approval process
- Set leading KPIs with profit maximisation as a key priority
- Develop management reporting process to improve both the quality of management information, with a key focus on efficiency and reporting on a timely basis
- A key focus on operation improvements