Head of Finance
Location : Hereford
Type : Permanent
Salary : £45k - £50k
- Responsible for management reporting across the business.
- Act as the Finance Business Partner liaising across the business units to improve financial accountability and ensure margins and yields are optimised.
- Management of Finance team
1. Oversee the accurate and timely preparation of monthly MI pack and assist the Finance Director in dissemination to management team.
2. Preparation of Annual Budget and rolling Forecast together with review of findings with management team.
3. Manage cash reporting.
4. Work with operational managers to manage and control Capex applications against budget.
5. Manage all finance systems requirements liaising with the IT team appropriately.
6. Maintain and develop an appropriate system of internal control to safeguard company assets. and ensure all financial transaction are properly and promptly recorded.
7. Review systems to seek operational improvements utilising technology where appropriate.
8. Direct and control finance staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed and so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
9. Provide day to day lead on audit and tax liaison.
10. Manage R&D tax credits.
11. Deputise for the Commercial Director in their absence.
12. Any other duties commensurate with the role
Commercial Business Partner
13. Provide and improve departmental reporting including margin analysis across the business.
14. Work with Finance Director to determine appropriate business profit measures and KPIs
15. Working across the business, review processes and procedures to improve financial accountability focusing on margin improvement.
16. Work with operational managers to improve financial awareness and understanding.
17. Establish an active culture of challenge and support with operational management helping to articulate business ideas financially.
18. Develop objective capex evaluation techniques for presentation of projects to the Board.
19. Monitor achievement of objectives against forecast.
Reports: Financial Controller
Reports to Finance Director
· Qualified Accountant
· Strong technical and people skills, adept at persuading and influencing at all levels within an organisation.
· Resilient and open to change.