Senior Tax Accountant
Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : £40k - £50k + bens. Would consider full or part time applicants.
Based in the Group Tax team in Cardiff, the Senior Tax Accountant will support the Head of Tax and assist with UK, overseas and Group tax matters. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to make a move to join a growing, dynamic in-house tax team and broaden their tax skill-set. The role is suitable for a 3-5 year post qualified Tax Adviser.
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation, reconciliation and review of tax schedules, calculations and disclosure notes for year end Group reporting.
- Liaising with external advisors for the planning, preparation and timely submission of the corporate tax returns.
- Annual reconciliation and posting of corporate tax charges for the Group.
- Assistance with transfer pricing documentation and policies.
- Assistance with SAO documentation and submissions.
- Managing Corporate Criminal Offence legislation obligations.
- Preparation of UK VAT and IPT calculations and return submissions.
- Providing tax support to overseas business and other operational departments.
- Mentoring, coaching and liaising junior members of the tax and finance team.
- Supporting Head of Tax with other ad hoc advisory work.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 year post qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) or Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Previous experience in Corporate Tax and/or Indirect Taxes gained in an accountancy firm or in-house.
- Self-motivated and pro-active in all aspects of the role.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with and influence all types of people and all levels of management.
- Would consider full or part time applicants.