Group Financial Controller
Location : Cardiff West
Type : Permanent
Salary : to £55k
This is an exciting role in a high growth PE backed SME, and would suit and energetic, enthusiastic and ambitious candidate who is looking to develop and progress their career in a fast-paced environment.
To provide Financial Control for the Group, including financial oversight of the operation overseas and future overseas locations.
Key elements of the role include:
- Delivery of high-quality month end management information on a timely basis
- Management of the Finance team
- Preparation of statutory accounts and day to day management of the audit
- Management of corporation tax, VAT and other taxes
Occasional overseas travel may be required.
1. Financial control and Month-end
- Responsible for the production of high quality, accurate and timely management information.
- Including management of month-end close, production and review of monthly financials.
- Oversight of the Group’s subsidiary.
- Involvement in preparation of detailed annual budgets and re-forecasts.
- Production of regular MI and analysis, include variance analysis and commentary.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
3. Interaction with other departments
- Regular interaction with other departments and senior managers in the business, in relation to preparation of financial information, variance analysis and day to day finance operations.
- Attendance at senior management meetings as required.
4. Year end
- Day to day management of the year-end audit process, including production of statutory accounts, and collation of audit and tax information.
- Liaison with the Group’s auditors.
- Management of CT, VAT and other taxes, (including oversight of the Group’s subsidiary).
- Liaison with the Group’s tax advisers.
6. Treasury Management
- Daily cash management, including forex. Preparation of short term cashflow forecasting.
- Liaison with the Group’s bankers.
7. Ad hoc projects
- Involvement in special projects. This will include the Group’s continuous improvement plan, in particular in relation to controls and systems as well as the development and enhancement of the Group’s finance platform.
8. Team management
- Day to day management of the small Finance team, including regular 121s.
- Enthusiastic and hard working
- Prepared to be “hands-on”
- Diligence, attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Commercially focussed
- Good communication skills
- Presentation and report writing
- Ability to interact professionally with senior colleagues, including board
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Relevant accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience in an FC or equivalent role
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Financial projections and budgeting
- Involvement in production of statutory accounts and audit
- Management of taxes – including CT and VAT
- Experience in manufacturing or industrials
- Experience in a PE or leveraged company
- Treasury management
- Forex and cross border transactions
- Finance software implementation or migration
- Continuous improvement, and implementation of controls and process improvements
- Special projects – eg M&A or refinancing