Group IFRS17 Business Planning Accountant
Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : £40k - £50k
We are looking for an ambitious, hands on, qualified finance professional to support the business planning aspects of our IFRS 17 implementation project. This is a great opportunity to support a high-profile finance project, with a view to grow into a senior finance position within group finance.
As part of our IFRS17 programme, we will redevelop our business planning models to assist key stakeholders within finance and senior management to understand the implications of the new standard on the Group’s projected reported results and key performance metrics.
Whilst initially focussing on the UK Insurance businesses, the successful candidate will also play a key role in assisting finance teams across the Group’s international businesses (in Spain, Italy, France and USA) to develop and implement similar models.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Obtaining a good understanding of the activities of the business and the existing (IFRS4 basis) business planning models and a strong working relationship with managers across the business, in order to be able to provide financial, numerical and procedural analysis for a variety of departments
- Working closely with the technical accounting policy workstream to ensure a detailed knowledge of the requirements of IFRS17 and how they apply to our businesses
- Performing a detailed gap analysis on the existing business planning models to identify areas where additional granularity / additional assumptions are required, and communicating those to the business finance teams
- Working closely with third party and in-house technical experts to perform a financial impact assessment to quantify the impact of IFRS17 on our projected financial results
- Develop business planning models for our businesses that assists senior management decision-making and complies with the requirements of IFRS17
- Become an SME on IFRS17-compliant business modelling to assist UK and overseas based finance teams run business planning models once the standard becomes BAU
- Working with central and local project management, including local workstreams, to support planning and execution of IFRS17 delivery plans
After successful implementation, we would expect you to assume an important role within the central or a local finance team, potentially with senior responsibility.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA with a strong technical background in business planning, with 3+ years of post-qualification experience
- Insurance experience would be preferable, IFRS 17 knowledge would be ideal
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with and influence all types of people and all levels of management
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential, and proficiency in using MS Word and PowerPoint
- Analytical and critical thinker with problem solving attitude
- Ability to take ownership
- Organised, flexible and calm under pressure
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
We do not have a set salary for this position, as it will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience. We are happy to see CVs from all candidates who meet the requirements and will be happy to discuss the remuneration package.