Investment Executive/Senior Investment Executive TVI
Location : South Wales
Type : Permanent
Salary : £45k - £60k depending on experience
The investment executive is responsible for sourcing and appraising applications for investment funds, sourcing from both the early stage and the later stage development capital market. Investments will be made under commercial terms and in accordance with the investment criteria. Investments can be structured into equity, loans or mezzanine or a combination of the above and will be targeted at technology based, IP rich, fast growth companies.
The technology ventures investment executive is also responsible for the monitoring, development and realisation of their respective investment portfolio.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the operation as a professional fund management company and provider of risk capital to start-up and existing businesses, in accordance with the terms of approval
- Source, appraise and recommend high calibre investment propositions to the senior investment executive, investment director or investment committee, where the proposed investment meets the technology ventures fund criteria established
- Conduct thorough and robust management, financial, IP and commercial due diligence when considering investment opportunities and assess the risks attendant to each investment
- Negotiate terms and conditions to secure optimum investment structures for all TV investments
- Manage the development and completion of all necessary legal documentation throughout the entire investment process, in line with the standard legal documentation and processes
- Monitor their respective TVI portfolio, attending boards as observer and facilitating the appointment of NEDS and the strengthening of the executive teams as necessary. Where appropriate, place follow on investment in portfolio companies following the achievement of planned critical milestones
- Develop relationships with co-investors to secure timely and relevant investment from suitable third parties for new and follow on investments
- Guide and influence portfolio companies to deliver profitable and timely exits in line with the funds commercial model
- Disseminate examples of best practice for applying to the fund to key business introducers and ensure that the application process is continually refined and improved to provide the best possible client service
- Develop and maintain links and networks with key business introducers and intermediaries to source suitable investment opportunities
- Participate and represent, where appropriate, in meetings, seminars, events and joint group activities
- Operate within delegated authority limits and investment operational guidelines
- Contribute to marketing/promotion
- Contribute to the achievement of defined goals and fund outputs in line with the relevant fund business plans
- Maintain and develop technical and industry specific knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance in investment activity
- Any other task as may be defined by the fund manager to meet the operational needs of the fund, ensuring that at all times, the trust and confidence of the company’s investors is retained.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Previous venture capital, leveraged finance or corporate finance experience
- Understanding of all aspects relating to equity investment in either early stage or later stage investing
- Experience of co-investing in partnership with business angels, Institutional Investors, and corporate venture funds.
- Demonstrable experience of investment portfolio management, ideally with a successful exit track record
- Demonstrable expertise in and knowledge of, key emerging technology sectors, ideally, with a detailed understanding of one of the wider ICT sector including – SAAS, digital media, telecoms, IOT, data analytics, security software.
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Confident in own decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure
- Understanding of the technology transfer and IP commercialisation process
- Strong analytical and financial appraisal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the public sector in SME finance
- Understanding of the regional business environment
- Excellent presentation Skills
- Welsh speaker
- Driving licence
- IT literate to include the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM systems.