Technical Accounting Manager
Location : Newport
Type : Permanent
Salary : £50k - £60k
This is a great opportunity for a strong technical accountant looking to join an exciting group. The Group is a global manufacturing tech group with UK operations in South Wales.
They have had a very busy and successful 12 months and this looks to continue in the coming years. This will be a varied and challenging role with exposure to senior management at Group level. Great career move if you are looking for a fast paced and dynamic environment.
We are open to speaking to practice candidates preferable at manager level and above with IFRS experience or someone in industry who is working in a similar technical role.
- Responsible for all month-end and quarter-end close related activities pertaining to the revenue recognition process; including contract review, revenue approval, reporting requirements and audit support.
- Review customer contracts and purchase orders for revenue recognition to ensure compliance with company policies and appropriate revenue recognition standards
- Prepare Fair Value analysis for multiple element arrangements and volume purchase agreements.
- Prepare quarterly management revenue and analysis reports, account reconciliations, and other reports in support of filings and disclosure requirements.
- Prepare and present revenue results at quarter end meetings to external auditors.
- Research and write memos on technical revenue recognition accounting topics and their application to the company’s complex revenue transactions when required.
- Act as the technical expert for revenue recognition policies and procedures in accordance with ASC 606, Revenue from Customer Contracts
- Provide revenue recognition expertise in cross functional meetings in areas of new offerings, pricing, non-standard agreements, and any other company initiatives that trigger revenue recognition impacts.
- Head up training on revenue recognition rules, policies and practices within the Company, and in particular within the Sales organization
- Assist with both external audit and internal SOX compliance by maintaining required documentation and assisting in any required testing of the revenue cycle
- Work within core team on continued efforts to streamline business process, internal controls and system enhancements and identify scalable alternatives to evolve them to a systematic set of procedures
- Seek out process improvement initiatives that increases the efficiency and accuracy of revenue forecasting and the monthly close process (APEX forecasting tool)
- Lead and assist with other special projects, as needed.
- Recent experience as technical manager ideally gained within the technology industry
- Big 4 Experience is desirable
- Chartered Accountant
- Strong working knowledge of revenue recognition guidance and its application to the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation across all levels, including executive management
- Extensive experience of revenue recognition, including multiple element arrangements
- Experience with SAP accounting systems