Location : Cardiff combined with flexible home working
Type : Permanent
Salary : £50k
Head4Talent is working exclusively with Idwal - a Cardiff-based maritime technology company and market-leaders in delivering global ship inspections to an international client base. Operating globally, they are a highly transactional, fast-growth business and have an ambitious plan to continue our growth trajectory over the next 3-5 years.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, reorganise and manage a global company finance function, comprising of a team of 4 people, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Implement new processes and procedures to drive scale, efficiency, accurate and timely reporting.
- Be responsible for P&L, balance sheet and cashflow reporting.
- Month-end accounting including revenue, costs, accruals, bank reconciliations, estimations etc.
- Develop and report relevant financial KPIs, to support the business growth.
- Manage salaries, payroll and pension arrangements.
- Improve and distribute management reports in areas such as: commission, margin analysis, variance reporting, sales performance, debtors and cash flow forecasting.
- Assume complete ownership of the finance systems and processes, offering support to end users with queries and work closely with our in-house product and engineering team to ensure data integrity and accuracy of all data.
- Create and improve board reporting and board pack preparation.
- Lead year-end audit and prepare and file statutory accounts for Idwal Marine.
- Annual budget preparation.
- Deal with external debt providers and investors.
- Undertake in-house management of company taxation to submission level, and R&D tax credits.
- Manage the company VAT compliance and return procedures.
- Manage debtors and company cash management.
- Liaise closely with Group accountant in respect of co-ordination of audit and reporting arrangements.
What you’ll need:
- Good grasp of IT systems, including a variety of accountancy platforms and supporting systems such as CRM platforms and other tech platforms.
- Strong appreciation of the value of integrated data, automation and streamlined processes with appropriate financial controls.
- A progressive thinker and innovator with a passion for making improvements to process and workflows.
- Familiar and with high-volume, low-value, transactional businesses.
- Ability to deal with a range of stakeholders, including banking partners, investors, owners, customers and colleagues.
- EBITDA focused and high-growth mentality.
- Previous experience working within an owner/managed business would be advantageous.
- ACCA / ACA qualified.
- Accomplished at producing reports for senior management and executive level.
- Confident in operating with senior stakeholders at executive level.
- Future senior executive potential.