Finance Director, Ospreys
Location : Swansea
Type : Permanent
Salary : £75k - £85k
Head4Talent is delighted to be supporting the recruitment for a new Finance Director for the Ospreys in Swansea.
The Ospreys are Wales’ most successful rugby union team, based in Swansea. The Ospreys have won the Celtic League four times, beating teams from Wales, Ireland and Scotland to lift silverware. They have produced a steady stream of Welsh internationals and British and Irish Lions, including Alun Wyn Jones and Shane Williams, both household names in the sport of rugby union. The Ospreys were formed in 2003 and are widely regarded as one of the biggest brands in the European Rugby Union.
They are currently looking for a highly talented, commercial, hands-on and analytical Finance Director to oversee the Club’s financial planning and accounting operations. In this position, you will not only be an accomplished accountant and proactive with company finances but will also be commercially aware and provide advice on the best path of growth for our business.
The ideal candidate should be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and leadership abilities. This is a leadership role reporting into the Managing Director and working closely with the organisation’s senior management team, the board of directors and the Chairman.
The candidate will represent the Ospreys at the Finance Sub-Committee of the Professional Rugby Board of the Welsh Rugby Union.
· Lead and manage the finance team to ensure the Club meets all its financial obligations
· Work closely with the Managing Director and senior management to ensure the timely and accurate provision of financial information to support ongoing business operations and provide decision support
· Represent the Club with external stakeholders including the Welsh Rugby Union, auditors, tax authorities, banking partners, suppliers and commercial partners.
· Overall responsibility for delivering monthly management accounts, annual audit and statutory accounts
· Work with the senior management team to prepare annual budgets and provide quarterly forecasts
· To complete the quarterly VAT returns and all other tax functions
· Manage, update and implement financial policies, internal controls and procedures
· Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting and finance staff
· Lead on financial risk management and mitigation
At least 10 years of experience in accounting or finance, including a minimum of five years in a management role. Experience with Xero accounting software is not required but is desirable.
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or ACCA)
· Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
· Experience of working within a financial management role including the review and/or production of monthly management accounts and VAT returns
· Experience managing a team
· Experience of producing and /or reviewing statutory financial statements
· Analytical and modelling skills
· Ability to review and challenge assumptions within detailed financial forecasts
· Excellent IT skills including advanced Microsoft Excel skills
· Good working knowledge of accounting systems
How to Apply
Head4Talent has been asked to support the current recruitment for a Finance Director.
For a further discussion to explore any aspect of the opportunity, please contact Sian Drinkwater ACA, Director, Head4Talent on 07970 731459.