Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : to £40k plus bonus and benefits
About the company
- This company is diverse in nature as they operate in many fields. And it is a company that wants to use that diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this it is a a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means they are committed to building an inclusive culture where they can all perform at their best, no matter who they are, what they do or where they do it.
- Working closely with Operations in Cardiff to ensure that the legal entity and branch ledgers are maintained effectively in line with applicable accounting standards.
- Ensuring revenues and costs are booked accurately, and that account structures continue to be pertinent to facilitate the effective production of the financial reporting requirements. In the short term, this accountability will include the set-up of new ledger structures to support a more robust financial reporting infrastructure for our branch network.
- Assisting in the production of timely and accurate financial and regulatory reporting both internally and externally, including reporting for the Board as well as audited statutory accounts.
- Liaising with the external auditors, as necessary, to ensure that any required independent audit requirements are satisfied in an efficient manner.
- Assisting in the timely and accurate financial and tax reporting.
- Contributing to the effective maintenance of the financial control framework by maintaining strong oversight over the balance sheet (including intercompany balances) and cashbook, ensuring that any issues are identified and investigated appropriately. This will involve interaction with teams across the wider Finance team.
- In conjunction with the Group Tax team, ensuring taxes (including corporation tax and VAT) are accounted for accurately .
- What we're looking for
- A qualified accountant with post qualification experience in a finance or control environment.
- Experience of how to assemble and interpret financial reporting
- Prior experience of financial systems
- Knowledge of using Excel to analyse financial information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to share views and findings with other team members and a desire to take an active role in discussions with management
- The ability to manage a variety of different deliverables concurrently
- The initiative to work independently to develop and enhance processes and to identify, investigate and resolve issues.