Financial Reporting Accountant
Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : £45k - £50k
The purpose of this role is to support the Group Technical Accountant in all technical accounting matters and to assist with the preparation of financial reporting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of loan loss provisioning models in line with IFRS 9 and FRS 102.
- Production of year end schedules and disclosures for the loan book under IFRS 9 including analysis of credit risk and key sensitivities.
- Preparation of key audit matter papers for the Audit and Risk Committee on technical accounting issues.
- Assist in the implementation of new IFRS standards and other reporting requirements into the Group and subsidiary financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements for subsidiary companies within the Group.
- Review monthly management accounts in accordance with the agreed format and timetable.
- Review of month end reconciliations of key control accounts.
- Provide feedback on the management accounts and support to team members involved in their preparation.
- Review and authorisation of bank payments.
- Lead and motivate direct reports to ensure they are maximising their potential. This will include objective setting and monitoring within the performance management review scheme (PMR).
- To assist in the management of the accounting and financial control procedures which safeguard the assets of the company.
- Proactively identify areas of weakness and work across departments to identify/implement improvements to the accounting and associated systems in accordance with best practice.
- Co-operation with internal and external auditors and advisers as required.
- Any other task as may be identified by the Group Technical Accountant to meet operational needs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Holder of a recognised UK accountancy qualification with at least 2 years post qualification experience in a financial services environment.
- Up to date knowledge of technical accounting developments including a detailed knowledge of IFRS 9
- Experience of preparation of financial statements under IFRS, FRS 101 and FRS 102.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- IT literate with advanced ability using Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible approach to work.
Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh.
- Familiar with SAGE 200 or similar accounting packages.
- Experience of line management in a Finance department.
- Familiar with Portfolio management systems.
- Familiar with Power BI or other data management tools.