Senior Capital Actuary
Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : Competitive salary
Working within the Actuarial team and reporting to the Head of Capital, the main responsibilities of the role include helping the team with the following:
- The delivery of capital requirement calculations using the standard formula and internal model.
- Providing the business with risk and capital analysis to aid the strategic decision-making process
- Support the ongoing delivery of the IMAP project including validation remediation, model development, creation & maintenance of model documentation and risk parameterisation.
- Assist with the delivery of capital requirements for reporting purposes.
- Prepare reports and presentations for senior management.
- Regular interaction with the Risk function and develop an awareness of the key financial risks faced.
- Assist with the production of the risk and capital analysis to help key decisions across the organisation e.g. business planning, reinsurance strategy and dividends.
- Assist the build and continued improvement of the internal model in readiness for IMAP including:
- Understand the origins and reasonableness of the data used
- Parameterisation of the inputs
- Working alongside the existing team members to design and build the models/calculations
- Performance of testing on model outputs to ensure appropriateness of model calibration
- Perform stress and sensitivity testing
- Production of Model documentation
- Prepare reports and presentations for senior management and the regulator
- Support the international businesses with capital queries, sharing UK best practice and have a strong awareness of the different issues across the business.
- As a nearly or newly qualified actuary the role will involve providing assistance to the other members of the capital modelling team to ensure their ongoing development of the team as a whole.
- Nearly or newly qualified actuary with experience working for a General Insurance company
- Highly numerate and analytical with very good academic record
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of capital modelling concepts
- Experienced user of General Insurance capital modelling software (e.g. Igloo, Remetrica)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills – preferably with experience of VBA