Trustees -St John Ambulance Cymru
Location : Cardiff/work from home
Type : Part Time
Salary : Volunteer
St John Ambulance Cymru have ambitious plans in place and are seeking like-minded people to join us as trustees – helping, supporting and guiding us on our journey, their willingness to be strong advocates for the charity and their ability to steer the charity towards achieving its strategic priorities.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• An ability to play a key role in the continued growth and success of St John Ambulance Cymru
• How your experience will support you in the oversight of the charity ensuring that we deliver against our charitable objectives, are financially sustainable, have strong governance, and safeguards the name and values of the organisation.
We welcome applications of interest from all, but key areas of experience we are looking for from applicants are:
• Finance and accountancy - proven skills and experience in finance and accountancy. You will bring vital skills to the Board to provide scrutiny and support our leadership team. We are looking for a qualified accountant. You may have charitable experience, although this is not essential
• Charity experience - a background in working at a senior level (not as a trustee) within a medium to large charitable or not for profit organisation. You will understand the challenges faced by charities and will support the executive team with your direct knowledge and experience of leadership within a charitable organisation
• Commercial experience - experience in a commercial setting and be able to mix this with a strong set of values. You may have a local business that has supported local communities, or have experience working in a larger commercial background that you can bring to support the future development of St John Ambulance Cymru
• Fundraising - a strong background in fundraising at a senior level. You will understand the challenges of fundraising in Wales and support our leadership team on our fundraising strategy, including attracting major donors, legacies, corporate sponsors and regular givers
• Digitisation - experience and a proven track record in revolutionising and embracing digital technology in everything we do, able to help steer St John Ambulance Cymru’s digital transformation strategy, and the positive impact it will bring to our staff, volunteers and people of Wales Interested applicants will need to be able to demonstrate strongly the value and benefit they will bring to the Board.
As well as specific expertise, applicants should be able to show commitment to the charity’s aims and objectives, the willingness to devote the necessary time and effort, strategic vision, good judgement, willingness to speak their mind, ability to work as a team and a belief in Nolan’s seven principles of public life.
Having a Board that reflects the diversity of the local community is particularly important to us so we wish to encourage people with a range of backgrounds and experiences to apply.
To request a candidate pack please contact email@example.com