Finance Transformation Analyst/Accountant IFRS 17
Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : Competitive salary
We are looking for an ambitious, hands on, qualified finance professional to support our IFRS 17 implementation project. This is a great opportunity to support a high profile finance project which can be a permanent role, or longer term fixed term contract, with a view to grow into a senior finance position.
As part of our IFRS17 programme, we are about to start the implementation of a new finance system to comply with IFRS 17, using both a central and local team approach. The successful candidate will be a core part of this central team, liaising with actuarial, IT and accounting teams. They will have great exposure to all areas of the business and senior stakeholders.
- Working closely with the technical accounting policy workstream to ensure the solution meets the business requirements. This will involve:
- reviewing and testing the data and reporting from source systems (actuarial, policy & administration, expense and finance ledgers) to ensure that the correct data can be sourced to drive the accounting and reporting requirements.
- Modelling business requirements and use cases as a basis for testing the configuration and outputs of the system
- Working with the vendor to ensure that the accounting & reporting solution is correctly configured and designed in readiness for validation and testing
- Becoming an SME on the product (GMM, PAA measurement models), including:
- the underlying transactions and data requirements,
- how they drive the associated accounting rule
- how to design and implement into the central solution
- how to design and configure required reporting within the system
- assistance in the knowledge transfer of the product to users across the business
- Assistance in the development of the new accounting and reporting processes to feed into the IFRS 17 product.
- Working closely with the insurance businesses across the Group to support and develop their understanding of the central accounting & reporting solution
- Significant involvement in the design, planning and execution of the accounting & reporting solution system both from a functional and user perspective
- Supporting the testing and data workstreams
- Working with central and local project management, including local workstreams, to support planning and execution of delivery plans
- After successful implementation, we would expect you to assume an important role within the central or a local finance team, potentially with senior responsibility.
- Accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA with a strong technical background in IFRS reporting
- Insurance experience, ideally with knowledge of IFRS 17
- Experience of accounting projects such as regulatory/ accounting standards transition/adoption
- Experience in end-to-end finance processes such as finance operations, financial close and reporting
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Analytical and critical thinker with problem solving attitude
- Ability to take ownership
- Organised, flexible and calm under pressure