Location : Newport
Type : Permanent
Salary : £35k - £40k
- Ensure all system ledgers (Cash Book, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Stock and Nominal) are closed in a timely manner each month.
- Ensure that reconciliations for all Balance Sheet items are prepared in a timely manner each month.
- Ensure that sales analysis is provided to the Sales Director/ Managing Director in a timely manner each month to enable decision making.
- Ensure SAGE 200 is used to its full functionality - to create efficiencies in processes and ensure the system is providing accurate and timely information to decision makers.
- Ensure that customer debts are collected on time and liaise proactively with Shareholders/ Managing Director for any potential problem accounts.
- Managing supplier payments to take advantage of any early payment discounts and otherwise paying on time.
- Actively manage the company’s loan (CID) account with the objective to reduce the reliance on the facility over the next 2 years.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC for VAT returns, PAYE, Corporation Tax and any other required submissions.
- Ensure compliance with Companies House, ONS and provide administrative support to senior staff and board members.
- Regularly review contracts with suppliers, customers and any finance facilities to ensure the company is on the best available terms.
- Produce comprehensive monthly management accounts, including all associated KPIs and departmental analysis.
- Assist with the creation of budgets each year, and the production of variance analysis for budget holders each month.
- Assist with all aspects of the statutory audit process (planning, producing reports, analysis and feedback etc.).
- Review the financial statements and provide all required disclosure information to the auditors and tax advisors, with the objectives of a “no surprises” audit for shareholders and accounts ready to be filed within 3 months of year end.
- Maintain close relationships with all key stakeholders e.g. Banks, Finance Providers, HMRC, Shareholders etc.
- Manage, motivate and develop the skillset of the Finance team, ensuring excellent performance and the achievement of all key reporting deadlines. Provide regular feedback and support the team.