Finance Officer part time
Location : Cardiff
Type : Part Time
Salary : to £30k
Come and work with a great team in this small not for profit organisation.
We are looking for someone who can work independently with good finance experience.
To support the Chief Executive and the Finance Director in managing the company’s financial affairs, ensuring it is an example of best practise.
- To prepare quarterly accounts including a balance sheet from the trial balance, together with an explanation of variances, for submission to the Board of Directors
- To assist and advise the CEO in preparing draft budgets for income and expenditure and make any in-year alterations that may be required
- To monitor income and expenditure against budgets, to prepare monthly and quarterly reports, using Sage and Excel and to identify any exceptions, drawing them to the attention of the CEO
- To record all financial transactions, including the credit card account and petty cash, using SAGE software
- To manage the accounting system to ensure that all transactions, are properly approved in accordance with the company’s financial procedures
- To monitor and reconcile the bank account
- To prepare quarterly VAT returns
- To ensure the prompt and proper payment of all invoices
- To issue invoices to funding partners, sponsors, partners and ensure funding is paid accurately and on time
- To pay all certified expenses to staff, coaches, committees & Board members in line with company policies & procedures
- To manage the payment of staff salaries and pensions through a salary payments bureau
- To liaise with the company’s auditors to ensure that the annual accounts are produced in accordance with legal requirements and are properly audited To undertake any other appropriate administrative duties that may arise, in support of other members of the team, including training to members of the team that may be required