Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : £80k - £90k Competitive salary and benefits including car allowance
Our Client is a subsidiary of a large manufacturing group.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly candidate manufacturing Finance Director to work closely with the leadership team to optimize business performance.
Main Purpose of Role:
To manage the finance accounting operations of the Group.
Meeting Plc reporting and compliance requirements and to form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, other Senior Executives and Non-Executives.
· Provide leadership to the business and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
· Take overall control of the company’s accounting function.
· Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
· Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
· Lead and develop finance teams.
· Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
· Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
· Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
· Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
· Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
· Contribute to the achievement of the company's business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
· Develop and control the company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met, and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
· Provide financial advice and guidance to the company's managers and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
· Oversee the preparation of the company's financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
· Develop and implement an internal audit programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations.
· Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
· Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value to the company.
· Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations.
· Any other ad-hoc duties when required by the business.
Skills and Attributes:
· Ability to manage all aspects of the financial function and to achieve required outcomes within defined reporting timescales
· Good people management skills to effectively organise work requirements of the financial team and to lead and motivate all members of the team
· Effective operating style to support and influence profit performance through all areas of the business
· Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
· Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
· Exceptional communication skills at all levels
· Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies
· Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
· High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
· Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
· Previous experience Sage Payroll 50 and SAP/ERP systems
· Polite and professional telephone manner
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
· A team player with a pleasant and affable personality
ACA, ACCA or CIMA