Senior Finance Officer/Manager
Location : Carmarthen
Type : Permanent
Salary : £40k - £45k
Rare opportunity to join this large organisation in a finance manager role. We are looking for a qualified accountant with proven team management skills.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST
- To lead the delivery of the Sales Invoicing, Cash Receipting and Debtor Collection functions.
- To manage effectively an income team, currently comprising 5 reports, to ensure coordination, communication and control across the team.
- To ensure timely invoicing and collection of all income due with an emphasis on maximising cashflows while providing a customer supportive process.
- To monitor actual income generation against budget during the year and investigate and report significant variances.
- To establish appropriate key performance measures for the income function and measure and report actual performance against these.
- To review existing income/debt processing systems for efficiency and effectiveness and to suggest and implement agreed improvements to these.
- Liaise with all appropriate stakeholders
- Lead and motivate the income team/function.
- Ensure commercial sales invoices are raised in a timely manner and liaise with budget holders to help achieve this.
- Ensure all project income is received in a timely manner and liaise with project teams to help achieve this.
- Ensure invoices raised in a timely manner.
- Ensure reconciliation between the debtor and finance system.
- Regularly review systems and processes to ensure invoicing remains effective and efficient.
- Develop invoicing and collection processes that are appropriate to the new business models being developed.
- Ensure cash receipts are posted onto the ledgers by target dates.
- Ensure cash collection systems remain effective and efficient.
- Ensure both fee and commercial debt is monitored and managed effectively.
- Ensure debt is collected in a timely manner.
- Ensure debt levels are kept under tight control and in line with performance targets.
- Ensure there is an effective and efficient debt collection process in place.
- Review and develop debt recovery methods and agencies.
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to calculate fee shares and commissions payable to third parties and that such amounts are calculated on a regular basis.
- Ensure the income/debt team is customer focused.
- Set performance targets for the team/function.
- Input to the budget setting process for income and thereafter monitor actual performance against budgets for multiple income lines.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade, as required from time to time by the Executive Head of Finance.
- Discharge all relevant Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Adhere to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Adaptable to change and have an ability to acquire new and relevant skills and knowledge by taking appropriate responsibility for own personal and professional development.