Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : £35k - £40k
Great opportunity to join this award-winning listed company in the centre of Cardiff. We are looking for a part qualified/ newly qualified accountant with strong academic background and experience of financial services is desirable. Practice candidates will be considered.
Key Aspects of the Role:
This is a role within the Group financial reporting team to support all aspects of the Group finance function – including IFRS statutory accounting and reporting, consolidation of group results, and financial processes and controls. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience across a wide range of financial reporting areas.
The role requires a motivated and hardworking candidate with strong analytical, time management and organisational skills and a focus on data quality and control. Candidates will be qualified in a recognised accounting qualification within the previous two years, ideally with experience of financial reporting processes for Financial Services Groups.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of regular MI and reporting for internal Boards and Committees, as well as external parties
- Significant involvement in the Group consolidation process, including process enhancements for the current reporting processes
- Perform and enhance data quality assessment and documentation exercises across all areas of financial reporting
- Develop ad-hoc non-regular financial MI for businesses across the Group as required by Management.
- Significant involvement in the preparation of statutory financial statements for Group subsidiary entities.
- Develop strong relationships with the Group external audit team, including preparing and managing certain deliverables to ensure a smooth transfer of information between the audit team and all business areas
- Develop and maintain good relationships with colleagues in Finance and other areas such as other Finance departments across the Group, Actuarial and Risk
- Provide additional general support and complete ad-hoc tasks as required by Group and UK Finance teams
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Newly/part qualified in a recognised accounting qualification
- Good knowledge of financial controls and exposure to data quality assurance processes
- Experience of working within the Financial Services industry, ideally with Insurance experience
- Self-motivated, proactive with a can-do attitude towards work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Strong task management skills including an ability to prioritise tasks and regularly manage multiple deliverables
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills