Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : Competitive salary and benefits
Head4Talent is delighted to be working on a retained basis, to support the search for an exceptionally talented Financial Controller.
Since private equity investment several years ago the group has expanded rapidly via combination of acquisitions and organic growth and has doubled turnover within the last 2 years.
The group has clear, robust and ambitious investment plans to see a further doubling in size within the next 3 years which will see it develop significant presence beyond Wales.
The finance team has grown alongside this business growth and is at the stage, given the anticipated future growth, where a newly created Financial Controller role has been identified in order to support the Finance Director and the finance team.
This role will lead and develop a high performing team as well as evolve financial controls across the business as the business continues to grow.
With a huge focus on ‘the numbers’, the person will have a real eye for detail, and use that to build relationships and work with the Operations team to establish P&L and budget accountability across the business.
Alongside the day to day, there will opportunity to support and work closely with the Finance Director on the appraisal, diligence and integration of further M&A opportunities as they arise. This is a unique opportunity within South Wales to join an exciting, fast-paced and private equity backed business at a key stage of the investment.
· Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
· Worked at a senior level in a finance function with experience of leading and developing a team – particularly with part and newly qualified accountants.
· A sharp eye for detail and attention to ‘nitty gritty’ of the financials
· Evidence of gaining efficiencies in reporting and processing, to enable more time for ‘value added’ activity
· Change orientated person who challenges the status quo and constantly looks for and delivers improvements in a fast-paced environment
· Pro-active and anticipating needs of stakeholders before they arise.
· Driven and self-motivated – able to make decisions independently
· Resilient and assertive
· Ambitious, high energy, and with the desire to progress upwards in the medium/longer term. A credible deputy for the FD when required.
· A good, technical, accountant, stays updated with relevant accounting standard changes and tax legislation.