Financial Reporting Accountant
Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : to £40k
1. Assist the Group Financial Reporting Manager with the oversight of both the interim and year-end audit liaising with the Group’s auditors.
2. Assist the Group Financial Reporting Manager with the production and review of both the consolidated financial statements and separate entity financial statements under IFRS and FRS101.
3. Responsible for the preparation of regulatory reporting returns for the review of the Group Financial Reporting Manager (mainly COREP and FINREP).
4. Responsible for maintaining the ALM system, ensuring that data is both complete and accurate.
5. Work with the Group Financial Reporting Manager to produce the Bank’s Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment (ICAAP), working closely with each area of the business to ensure the document is robust.
6. Work with the Group Financial Reporting Manager to produce the Bank’s Recovery Plan, working closely with each area of the business to ensure the document is robust.
7. Assist the Group Financial Reporting Manager in the preparation of the Pillar III disclosures.
8. Work with the Group Financial Reporting Manager to ensure the implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9) is successfully achieved.
9. Work with the Finance Planning and Analysis team to develop business plans and forecasts over a 1-year budget horizon and strategic 5-year business plan horizon and their impact on regulatory limits.
10. Work with external tax advisers to ensure tax returns are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
11. Annual review of the Group against the UK Corporate Governance Code.
12. Ensure Group policy documentation is renewed and up to date with the latest regulatory and financial reporting developments.
and support to colleagues on queries of a more complex or technical nature,
identifying training needs and recommending or providing training/coaching for
colleagues where appropriate.
Processes and control
14. Establish, maintain and review operating policies and job cards (systems of internal control) to ensure that they are sufficiently robust to adequately safeguard the Group’s assets and where weaknesses are identified ensure remedial action is taken in a timely manner.
15. Be accountable for identifying, evaluating and managing all significant risks and where appropriate report on risk identified elsewhere in the Group.
16. Undertake relevant project work when required.
17. Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
17. Develop and maintain good knowledge of all company policies and procedures and legislative/regulatory requirements, including but not limited to Conduct Rules, Data Protection, Money Laundering, etc.
18. Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by management.