Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : to £45k
Responsible for fulfilling the FC role,
including full production of management accounts for all group businesses, Vat
returns, control accounts reconciliation, analysis of costs, special projects
(including Sage 200), invoicing, overview of daily accounts operations, and
This position reports to the Group Head of Finance or designated manager in the Finance Department, and works closely with all of the central administrative, financial and operational staff.
Responsibilities / Duties/ KEY AREAS
· Analyse financial information in order to prepare month end file, reconcile control and bank accounts, roll forward budgets and prepare draft month end management accounts.
· Check and post Prepayment and Deferred income Journals.
· Stock reconciliation and postings.
· Monitor postings and analysis, in preparation for quarterly VAT return.
· Analyse and review P&L income and costs at month end and as required to ensure correct invoicing and reporting.
· Prepare reports and assist the GHOF in highlighting trends and any major variances from budget.
· Review financial processes and systems to determine consistency and accuracy of information and acts as an “Internal Auditor” to ensure that controls are being followed.
· Any other duties as assigned by the GHOF or designated manager in the Finance Department as required.
· Manage month end process for all group companies. Identifying process improvements.
· Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
· Manage team of 1.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
Applicants must be able to demonstrate understanding, experience and ability as follows:
· An appropriate qualification in finance, business or related field e.g. Degree, HNC/NHD, ACCA, CIMA or QBE.
· A minimum of 2 years accounting experience.
· Excellent MS Office skills, with advanced level Excel.
· Knowledge and experience with SAGE and other relevant accounting software.
· SAGE 200 experience.
PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
· Excellent communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
· Well organised with the ability to meet deadlines, whilst enduring accuracy, within tight deadlines
· Team player
· Can do attitude
Due to the diversity of the Company’s product and services portfolio, the Company therefore reserves the rights to change, add or modify the post holder’s role where necessary.