Strategic, Commercial Finance Director
Location : South Wales with some travel
Type : Permanent
Salary : to £100k Six figure salary + car + healthcare + equity
Commercial Finance Director, growth business, with significant incentive
South Wales with regular UK travel
£100k + car + healthcare + equity incentive
Our Client offers a unique career opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial, strategic, commercial and operational Chief Finance Officer.
With ambitious plans, in a market place set to grow at a rate of 30% year on year over the next decade, the company requires an experienced and exceptionally capable finance professional to help achieve its growth aspirations.
Reporting to and working alongside the Managing Director, the Finance Director will not only be a proven leader with a successful track record in finance, but also have the aspiration and ability to be provide strategic insight across the whole business. This is a significant role within the senior management team and is a progressive step for an ambitious and tenacious Finance Director looking for their next challenge.
▪ Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, Chairman and other senior management, providing leadership to the Board’s finance function, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position
▪ Overall responsibility for the company’s finance function, leading and developing the finance team ▪ Contribute fully to the development of a company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance to support business growth
▪ Key part of the Leadership Team and working with the Board of Directors and management to drive strategic direction
▪ Review and improve existing processes and systems to ensure the business has a robust framework and is supported for the next phase of growth
▪ Accountable for full range of finance duties including reporting, budgeting, planning, forecasting, cash and working capital management, compliance, cost control and risk management
▪ Evaluate new opportunities for the business from a finance perspective
▪ Supporting and challenging budget owners to meet targets and deliver budgets
▪ Attend management meetings and present meaningful financial analysis and guidance / assistance where relevant to senior management
▪ Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, lenders and advisors
▪ A goal orientated, motivated finance professional with a passion for people management
▪ Professional, assured and with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
▪ Works well under pressure in a fast- paced environment ▪ Strong technical, problem solving and analytical skills
▪ A hands-on approach and a true team player
▪ Strong, persuasive personality prepared to respectfully challenge people at all levels
▪ Confident relationship builder, happy presenting internally and externally, likes autonomy and accountability
▪ Must be prepared to travel between the company’s two main sites in South England and South Wales.
Qualifications and Experience
▪ Qualified Accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA, ideally with at least 10 years' post qualified experience, preferably in a related business, and previous experience as a standalone Finance Director
▪ Demonstrable finance experience gained in SME / growing businesses ▪ Strong leadership capability with experience of Board level interface, high integrity and commitment to governance
▪ Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic and influential individual with the ability to operate at a strategic and operational level
▪ Strong IT skills and highly process driven
This role is a combination of finance, operations and strategy and as such the company is seeking an individual with impeccable strategic insight as well and first-rate managerial experience. This is a hands-on role within a growing and dynamic business for a strong, driven and adaptable individual.
▪ Competitive salary to attract the best c. -£100k ▪ Company car ▪ Private healthcare ▪ Equity participation based on delivery against performance objectives