Financial Controller with CFO pathway
Location : West Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : £50k - £60k
My client is a fast growth, VC backed distribution business They are now looking to recruit an experienced dynamic Financial Controller with an operational edge going forward to head up the Finance function. This position will report directly to the Chairman and Managing Director.
- Work with the senior management team to grow the businesses
- Lead and develop the Global finance teams
- Oversee the preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts.
- Preparation and development of monthly financial reporting pack.
- Review of accounts and investigation of variances
- Preparation of annual financial budgets and monthly flexed budgets
- Daily, weekly and monthly cashflow management and forecasting
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and liaison with the Auditors
- Managing foreign exchange exposure
- Managing credit control policies and procedures
- Managing working capital
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters
- Developing internal audit systems and control
- Capital expenditure - evaluation and preparation of submissions
- Undertaking risk management assessments
- Analysing the impact of financial markets, including international financial markets on the performance of products or services
- Recommending the most efficient funding options for the business
- Evaluating the financial impact of new business ventures.
- Progressing specific financial projects, such as acquisitions and mergers
- Managing direct reports including Financial Controller, Assistant Accountant and Ledger Clerks
- Manage corporate relationships with banks, auditors and other parties
- Experienced Qualified accountant
- Minimum of 5 years at or near CFO level
- Familiar with medium/large scale tendering processes
- A strong technical accountant with a commercial and operational flair
- Will have worked with international businesses
- Experience of overseas sourcing and importing highly desirable
- Capacity to influence and implement change
- An excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- The credibility and gravitas to influence at senior levels.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- Highly refined analytical skills to quickly review and analyse business processes
- Thorough understanding of business strategy, organisational design and other business functions.
- Good IT skills and experience of ERP systems
- Excellent management and leadership skills