Location : Caerphilly
Type : Permanent
Salary : £30k - £35k
Due to growth in the business, our client is looking to grow the finance team with the addition of this new role of Project Accountant. We are looking for a part qualified/ qualified accountant who has had previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
* Responsible for the financial administration of raw material, WIP and finished goods inventory.
* Recording of day to day transactions relating to all aspects of cost of sales, other production cost, inventory and fixed assets.
* Completion of monthly Inventory balance sheet account reconciliation to GL, ensuring any differences are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
* Gather, analyse and interpret data to determine all production costs of business activity, including material, labour, overhead & variances.
* Ensure all the assets (fixed assets and inventory) are secure.
* Ad hoc analysis of data related to any aspect of operational costs and items sold.
* Designing, Implementing and maintaining internal controls and procedures.
* Assisting with the year end audit process and production of the internal and external accounts.
* Lead the year end stock count exercise.
* Act as a link between production, finance and other administration functions.
* Assist in preparation of the business forecasts and budget process.
* Involvement in planned IT system implementations
Skills & Experience:
* You will be a part qualified or qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with previous experience in a cost accountant position.
* Preferably educated to a degree level.
* Previous manufacturing experience is required. Knowledge of the packaging industry is a benefit.
* You will have strong accounting and analytical skills.
* Ability to summarise and present complex issues
* Effective communication skills at multiple levels.
* Ability to work independently
* Knowledge of Oracle, Sage or similar finance and ERP systems
* Experienced user of Excel and PowerPoint
* Full driving licence, some travel may be required.