Location : Newport area
Type : Permanent
Salary : c£80k/90k package
Our Client is a well- established and growing manufacturing business, with a household Client base, with a strong track record of robust trading and business performance.
The business forms part of a significant privately- owned Group, with a significant global footprint.
With articulated and ambitious growth plans and significant recent investment this represents an exciting time in the business’s life cycle.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within Finance for a highly talented and experienced Senior Finance Professional, to support the Finance Director and Senior Management team, in the capacity as Financial Controller, to support the Company’s strategic objectives, through effective management of the company’s finances, whilst minimising any risks to the business.
Furthermore, the Financial Controller will lead and develop the Finance team to effect business change and improvement.
This role will support finance business systems improvements and change including enhancements of processes and controls with a view to development of more efficient MI and integrated reporting.
There has been significant investment in the Finance area over the last 18 months, with a headcount increasing by 3 in the last few years.
This is a pro-active role focused on motivating, developing and inspiring the Finance support function, to ensure that finance support and delivery is optimised as the business grows.
There are plans afoot for a significant new ERP systems implementation.
As an increasing number of businesses are embracing a SCC or outsourced finance support model, this represents an excellent opportunity to take a lead management role in a more traditional, independent (no SCC or outsourcing)
finance model, whilst having the scale and support of a significant, international Group.
Culturally, this is a fast paced and exciting business, and this environment will be suited to a candidate who enjoys working at pace and under pressure. This business operates a flat structure and priorities can change quickly.
The role will interface significantly with the Board with significant exposure to the owners.
What are we looking for?
- A Qualified Accountant with a strong track record of success and career progression
- A good motivator and developer of people and team
- A sharp eye for the nitty gritty and a close attention to detail
- The candidate needs to be adaptable and flexible in approach.
- The candidate will need to be agile, be able to respond quickly to requests for information
- Capable of operating at both a high level but also be able to operate on a hands-on basis when required
- A strong number 2. There might be opportunity to progress upwards in the medium/longer term.
- Proactive in seeking out opportunities to improve and develop, seeking opportunities for enhancements and efficiencies
- Credible at board level with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Resilient, capable of working under pressure in a fast -paced environment.
- The candidate be comfortable at working in a dynamic and changing environment