Location : Newport
Type : Permanent
Salary : £50k - £60k
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growth and highly acquisitive group.
We are looking for a high calibre qualified accountant with at least 3 years post qualified experience. This is a challenging and dynamic role for someone with good technical knowledge and financial modelling skills.
As a Project Accountant, you will work closely with finance colleagues and business managers in this commercial, business-facing role. The candidate will combine good technical knowledge with excellent communication skills to provide detailed and accurate financial advice and modelling to key internal stakeholders, including operational teams and other central functions such as HR, IT and Marketing.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the role will involve taking the lead on projects within the Finance team and providing financial support and analysis on broader business improvement projects and initiatives.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Creation, development and maintenance of detailed financial models, including integrated profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow statements for both existing businesses and potential acquisitions
- Contribute to the due diligence of prospective acquisitions and business improvement projects, identifying both financial and commercial risks and advising on how these may be mitigated
- Analyse funding requirements to support potential acquisitions or projects
- Assess impact of initiatives, projects or acquisitions on financial covenants
- Lead or contribute towards projects within the broader finance team, including the budgeting/ forecasting process, changes in accounting processes and systems and adapting to changes in tax legislation
- Contribute towards initiatives to improve consistency and quality of accounting and reporting across the group
- Support broader project team through the provision of detailed and accurate financial advice and models
- Analysis of data to inform and influence business decisions
- Develop ad-hoc financial models and projections to support business projects and initiatives
- Develop an appraisal process to evaluate and subsequently measure the impact of projects and initiatives
- Contribute to the production of formal written reports or presentations to support acquisitions and key projects
- Ensure delivery of projects within agreed financial and time parameters
- Proactive engagement and management of relevant stakeholders through regular and concise updates and reports
- Flexible in approach and able to adapt to support changing requirements of the business as it continues to grow
Skills and Capabilities
- Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years post qualification experience
- Advanced Excel user with experience of preparing and reviewing financial models
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and will learn new processes quickly.
- Logical, and solutions focused with the ability to analyse detailed data quickly and form comprehensible summaries
- Experience of strategic finance/financial management (planning, budgeting, forecasting, and in-year reporting)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, including reporting, and being able to explain technical finance issues to non-finance colleagues
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively and collaboratively across a finance function and with other teams and business units