Location : Cardiff
Type : Permanent
Salary : £45k plus flexible working
Responsible to the Finance & Corporate Services Director (Designate), this role is responsible for providing technical and professional leadership in the planning, development and evaluation of the Centre’s financial policies and systems. This will also include the strategic financial planning and budgeting aimed at ensuring prudent management and control of financial resources. The Head of Finance’s main responsibilities are;
- Line management responsibility of transactional, financial and management accounting teams, drive motivation and coach and develop a finance team of approximately 10 individuals.
- Experience of Business Partnering.
- Maintaining key financial accounting records and systems, including preparing management accounts and interpreting financial information making this information user friendly for Centre staff.
- Lead the preparation of annual budgets, and monitoring the performance of actual against budget results, interpreting cash flows, predicting future trends and advising accordingly in formulating strategic and long term business plans.
- Reporting and management of reserves.
- Be responsible for the accurate completion and presentation to Leadership team of monthly financial reports for internal & external assessment, along with quarterly reports for the Board of Trustees specific deadlines.
- Proactively drive financial awareness in the business to ensure 1) compliance with financial processes and procedures and 2) sound financial management by budget holders.
- Prepare budgets for all strategic initiatives / projects to ensure good cost benefit analysis and solid cost management in conjunction with Business Partners.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations and status of on-going programmes in order to determine progress towards stated goals and objectives and taking the necessary steps to ensure that any deviations are immediately acted upon.
- Manage the information reporting and other statutory requirements, including the preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts Corporation Tax, controlling the External Audit function and being the main point of contact for the External Auditors (PwC).
- Continually review processes and procedures to ensure that the department and business is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. ACW, auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as HMRC
- Authorised bank signatory.
- Approve all payroll runs, VAT returns and corporation tax submissions.
- Provide professional advice and technical guidance;
- To business managers in the management of their function by assisting in the understanding of financial information
- In identifying and evaluating financial risk factors in all programming and activities, ensuring internal controls are functioning effectively to mitigate against any risk that may arise.
- To the Finance & Corporate Services Director (designate) on policy matters related to financial compliance of statutory and legal requirements as well as overseeing the interpretation and implementation of government policies related to the management of funds.
- Management and coordination of the Centre’s Insurance policies and Insurance broker relationship
- Management and reporting of the Centre’s Investments
- Deputising for the Finance & Corporate Services Director (Designate as and when required
- Undertaking other responsibilities and producing ad-hoc reports as requested from time to time.
- Any additional tasks as required.